Reconcile your agency's records to the CORe Web Reports on your agency's grant activity
We recommend reconciling your monthly payment received to the expenditures submitted. Helpful reports for doing this include:
- Agency Contract Detail - Monthly - provides information on agency vs. state transactions
- Bank Deposits Reconciliation - summary of payments made by ACH date or by agency
Reconciliation prior to submitting your final invoice is crucial. If a report sent by your agency is not received or processed, your agency could be paid less than the amount to which it is entitled. Before the end of the grant closeout period for your contract, be sure to reconcile your agency records to the CORe reports on the web:
- To see total contract amounts, including expenditures reported and reimbursements made, review the Contract Balance report for the final month of your contract.
Tip: Contracts are only included on the Contract Balance report while the contract is active. So, if you had a contract code that ended earlier in the year, you must go back to the Contract Balance report for that ending month.
- If the expenditure total on the Contract Balance report does not match your records, review the Monthly Expense Detail report to verify what expenditures your agency has reported to DWD and what expenditures DWD has added to your contract, such as worker's comp. for W-2.
What happens to the prepayments that were made at the beginning of the contract?
- See brief discussion in Frequently Asked Questions.
- See detailed example under W-2 Advance Payments, "Recovery (Take Back) of Advance Payments".
How are grant closeout reports submitted?
- Refer to your contract language to determine the deadline for submitting a final expenditure report.
- See Correcting CORe Expenditures after the Grant Period has Ended for information on how to prepare the final expenditure report.
- Additional detailed information is available for WIA & related grants.
Additional Help available
- Updates to the CORe reports are posted nightly. For a detailed description of these reports, see the CORe Training page.
- For tips on finding and saving report information, see Report Navigation and Printing.
- For guidance on which line codes to use to report expenditures, see CORe Program Code Definitions.