How to Apply
Policy & Law
DVR has several specialized program and service areas including:
- Making Work Pay (MWP) is a proposal to the Social Security Administration for a pilot demonstration program. The proposal is to test a type of work incentive reform that assists people with significant disabilities who receive an SSI or SSDI benefit and who want to work, but have high cost long-term care needs.
- Self-Employment Business Startup Toolkit to assist DVR consumers to pursue their goal of starting a business. A consumer version is also available.
- Supported Employment (SE) for persons with severe disabilities to find a job suited to their specific skills and abilities.
- The Wisconsin Telework Loan Program is a statewide, alternative loan program that allows Wisconsin residents with disabilities to purchase computers and other equipment needed to work from home or from other remote sites away from the office, such as work on the road or at a telework center.
- Ticket to Work is a voluntary program that offers Social Security beneficiaries with disabilities a variety of choices in finding the support and services they need to help them go to work and achieve their employment goals.
- Transition Services for students transitioning from high school to post-secondary education, work, and community services.
- Information for DVR's Service Providers for certain program areas.