How to Apply
Policy & Law
Supported Employment (SE)
This program works to increase employment opportunities for people with the most significant disabilities by working with a consumer and an employer to find a job that suits the consumer�s specific skills and abilities. DVR works with county agencies to provide the long-term supports that will help the consumer keep their job.
DVR has provided these materials to offer assistance to DVR Consumers, Staff and Service Providers with information about approved alternate models of supported employment.
Individual Placement and Support (IPS)
Individual Placement and Support is a special project in partnership with the Department of Health Services Bureau of Prevention Treatment and Recovery, Community Mental Health Services and the Division of Vocational Rehabilitation. Information presented here is intended for use in approved projects only. If you would like to find out about how you can utilize IPS services please contact the VR Contract Specialist.
- IPS Special Project Criteria
- IPS Process in Wisconsin
- IPS Process Flowchart
- IPS Technical Specifications
- IPS Fee Schedule
- Social Security On-Line: The official web site of the Social Security Administration (SSA).
- SSA's Employment Support Programs: This site brings together employers looking for new workers and people with disabilities looking for employment (i.e., Ticket to Work program, work incentives, etc.).
- Association for Persons in Supported Employment: A membership organization formed to improve and expand integrated employment opportunities, services, and outcomes for persons experiencing disabilities.
- Training Resource Network, Inc (TRN): Resources on Supported Employment, Person-Centered Planning, Supported Living and Self Determination.