DWD Strategic Plan
At DWD, we are committed to building and strengthening Wisconsin's workforce. That includes equipping workers with the skills they need to fill jobs that employers have available today and job openings in the years to come.
Governor Walker has made developing our state’s workforce one of his top goals, and DWD will play an integral role in advancing this agenda. In this way, DWD will help support job creation and move Wisconsin’s economy forward.
The goals of the DWD Strategic Plan are to:
- Improve Our Ability to Connect Job Seekers to Jobs
- Develop a Skilled Labor Force Aligned with Employers' Needs
- Promote Unemployment Insurance Trust Fund Strength and Program Accuracy
- Increase the Business Value of Program and Service
- Provide Opportunities for all DWD Staff to Understand How They Contribute Towards DWD’s Mission
These goals not only help DWD fulfill its mission of advancing Wisconsin's economy and business climate by empowering and supporting the workforce, but the goals also reflect DWD's responsibility to improve operational efficiency and accountability, which aligns with Governor Walker's ongoing initiative to deliver programs and services in the most efficient way in state government.
2013 Strategic Plan (PDF)
2011-12 Strategic Plan