- TRA: (608) 267-7772
Fax (414) 393-6825
- TAA: (888) 258-9966
Trade Adjustment Assistance (TAA) and Trade Readjustment Allowance (TRA)
The HCTC benefit expired January 1, 2014
The legislation that authorizes the HCTC expired January 1, 2014, and the tax
credit is no longer available.
Final HCTC Payment Due Date
The final monthly HCTC payment due date is December 24, 2013. However, your
November HCTC payment may be your final payment. When you receive your December
- If your existing qualified coverage is already paid through December 2013,
do not pay your December HCTC invoice.
- If your existing qualified coverage is not paid through December 2013 (account in arrears), or your
insurance payment cycle has not already covered December, you should pay your December HCTC invoice.
Beginning January 1, 2014, you are responsible for your full health insurance
premiums. The HCTC Program does not have the authority to transition HCTC
participants into any other federal health program.
- Contact your health plan administrator to determine if your account is current; if your
existing coverage will still be available in January; and if your plan, without the help of the
HCTC, works for you.
- If you currently have a COBRA extension from your former employer, please note those
extensions will expire December 31, 2013.
- Visit www.HealthCare.gov to explore coverage options available through the Affordable
For More Information