- TRA: (608) 267-7772
Fax (414) 393-6825
- TAA: (888) 258-9966
Trade Adjustment Assistance (TAA) and Trade Readjustment Allowance (TRA)
The TAA program emphasizes the option of various retraining and re-employment services.
Training services can be separated into three categories:
Occupational Skills or Vocational Training
- Often offered through your local technical college: this includes college-level
degree or certificate programs; along with necessary prerequisite courses.
- Apprenticeship programs or skill focus training can be pursued with the
financial assistance of Trade as well.
- This category includes Adult Basic Education often in areas of math, English or reading skills,
obtaining your High School equivalency (GED or HSED), or pursing a program titled:
English as a Second Language or ESL classes
Employer Based Training or On-The-Job (OJT) Training
- Contracts can be established between an employer and you the participant of the TAA program.
- This arrangement allows for training to take place at the employer site, for a set period of time.
- Payment is made to the employer to reimburse them for the cost they incur to train you for their job openings