- Frequently Asked Questions
- Benefit Extensions
- Forms and Publications
- Handbook for Claimants
- Unemployment Laws
- Other Resources
Apply Online for Unemployment Benefits
How Do I Apply Online?
Apply online by using our Online Application: https://my.unemployment.wisconsin.gov
See our Frequently Asked Questions about Online Benefit Services for more information.
What are the Advantages of Applying Online?
- When you use the Internet application to apply for
unemployment benefits you may take as much time as you need without feeling
- You can see the questions and answers and easily read the
help screens before answering the questions.
- You will have an opportunity at the end of your claim to
print a record of the questions and your answers for your records.
Completing Your Claim
- Certain situations require additional information that we cannot collect via the Internet application at this time. You may be instructed to call a Claims Specialist to complete your claim.
- Information already provided will be saved and available to the Claims Specialist when you call.
- To help ensure that you reach a Claims Specialist in a timely manner, we are encouraging you to call on specific days based on the last digit of your social security number (SSN). This schedule helps even out call volumes throughout the week, and reduce the call wait times for everyone:
Day to Call
|Monday||Tuesday||Wednesday, Thursday & Friday|
|Last digit of SSN is 0-4||Last digit of SSN is 5-9||All SSNs (Open Call-In)|
Time to Call
Monday-Friday: 7:45 AM - 5:00 PM
A few examples of situations that required contacting a Claims Specialist include:
- leaving questions unanswered
- changing your name
- out-of-state employment
- you did not work for one of the employers we have on file for you
- your employer is a 'special' type