- Frequently Asked Questions
- Benefit Extensions
- Forms and Publications
- Handbook for Claimants
- Unemployment Laws
- Other Resources
Apply Online for Unemployment Benefits
How Do I Apply Online?
Apply online by using our Online Application.
See our Frequently Asked Questions about Online Benefit Services for more information.
What are the Advantages of Applying Online?
- When you use the Internet application to apply for
unemployment benefits you may take as much time as you need without feeling
- You can see the questions and answers and easily read the
help screens before answering the questions.
- You will have an opportunity at the end of your claim to
print a record of the questions and your answers for your records.
- Certain situations require additional information that we cannot collect via the Internet application at this time. You may be instructed to call a claims specialist to complete your claim. The information you have already provided will be saved and available to the claims specialist when you call.
Examples of Special Situations Requiring a Call to a Claims Specialist
A few examples of situations that required contacting a claims specialist include:
- leaving questions unanswered
- changing your name
- out-of-state employment
- you did not work for one of the employers we have on file for you
- your employer is a 'special' type