Notice of Meeting
Unemployment Insurance Advisory Council
Offices of Department of Natural Resources
101 South Webster Street, Room G-09
Date: Tuesday, September 1, 2009
Time: 09:30 a.m.
Council Members: Please bring your calendars to schedule future meetings.
Council Web Site: http://dwd.wisconsin.gov/uibola/uiac/
- Opening remarks – Hal Bergan
- Minutes of Meetings May 28, 2009 (blue)
- UI Treasurer's Financial Statements (yellow)
- Task Force on Misclassification of Workers – brief report
- Advisory Council Committee to Review UI Definition of “Employee” – Recommendations to Improve Definition of “Employee” and Amend Definition of “Employment”
- Department proposals for changes to the unemployment insurance law, Wis. Stat. Chapter 108, presented at previous meetings
- Department proposal D09-21 – Authorize Spending of Special Administrative Transfers
- Department proposal to revise DWD 128, Able to Work and Available for Work
- Department proposal to revise DWD 129, Benefit Claiming Procedures
- Reduction of benefits for receipt of pension payments
- Exception to benefit disqualification for quit due to sexual assault
- Letters to the Council (white)
- The Council may not address all agenda items or follow the agenda order.
- The Council may take up action items at a time other than that listed.
- The Council may discuss other items, including those on any attached lists.
- The labor members and/or the management members of the Council may go into closed session at any time during the meeting to deliberate any matter for potential action and/or items posted in this agenda, pursuant to sec. 19.85(1)(ee), Stats.
Some or all of the Council members may attend the meeting by telephone. This location is handicap accessible. If you have other special needs (such as an interpreter or written materials in large print), please contact Robin Gallagher, Phone: (608) 267-1405, Unemployment Insurance Division, Bureau of Legal Affairs, P.O. Box 8942, Madison, WI 53708. Hearing and speech impaired callers may reach us at the above phone number through WI TRS (or TDD/Voice Relay 1-800-947-3529.)