Notice of Meeting
Unemployment Insurance Advisory Council
Date: Thursday, October 17, 2013
Time: 10:00 a.m.
Place: Department of Workforce Development
201 East Washington Avenue
Agenda Items and Tentative Schedule
- Call to order and introductions
- Approval of Minutes of the September 19, 2013, Council Meeting
- Report on Unemployment Insurance Reserve Fund
- Update on the Trust Fund Solvency Sub Committee
- Department Update
- STC (Work Share)
- Administrative Rules
- Impact of Federal Government Shutdown
- Emergency Unemployment Compensation
- Proposed Legislation
- Correspondence Relating to Pilot Training Program for UI Claimants (Wisconsin Worker’s Win (W3)) (SB 332, AB 400) from Senator Lazich and Representative Loudenbeck
- Correspondence Relating to Direct Seller Exclusion (LRB−2588/4) from Representative Knodl
- Correspondence Relating to proposed law changes of the Labor and Industry Review Commission from Chairperson Laurie McCallum
- Repealing One Week Waiting Period (AB 374) from Representatives Kolste and Mason
- Correspondence Relating to Cottage Industries (SB 276, AB358) from Senator Harsdorf and Representative Severson
- Proposed Legislation on Adverse Decisions (SB 273) from Senators Lassa, Miller, Taylor and Lehman
- Future Meetings and Agenda Items
- Other Business
- The Council may not address all agenda items or follow the agenda order.
- The Council may take up action items at a time other than that listed.
- The Council may discuss other items, including those on any attached lists.
- The employee members and/or the employer members of the Council may go into closed session at any time during the meeting to deliberate any matter for potential action and/or items posted in this agenda, pursuant to sec. 19.85(1)(ee), Stats.
Some or all of the Council members may attend the meeting by telephone. This location is handicap accessible. If you have other special needs (such as an interpreter or written materials in large print), please contact Robin Gallagher, Phone: (608) 267-1405, Unemployment Insurance Division, Bureau of Legal Affairs, P.O. Box 8942, Madison, WI 53708. Hearing and speech impaired callers may reach us at the above phone number through WI TRS (or TDD/Voice Relay 1-800-947-3529.)