Information for Employers
The Office of Veterans Services is committed to providing local employers with quality Veteran employees. The Local Veterans Employment Representative (LVER) job is to develop a partnership with you that fosters success for your company and Veteran job seekers.
OVS Business Symposium Brief to Employers – Overview of OVS' mission for serving local industry with developing Veterans for hire. Download the 2014 Business Symposium Schedule (PDF).
- Step by Step Employer Toolkit for hiring Veterans – Provides processes for building a successful Veteran hiring initiative for your organization.
- VA Veterans Employment Toolkit for Employers – Employer resources provided by the US Department of Veterans Affairs
- Department of Labor Veterans' Employment and Training Service (VETS) provides employers a one-stop resource for information and programs for hiring Veterans including OFCCP, USERRA, VETS 100/100A Federal Contractor Reporting.
- Wisconsin Fast Forward Program – Receive a state grant to help your organization curb skills gap.
- USERRA - An employer's responsibility with regards to reserve and active duty employees.