YA Frequently Used
Forms and Publications
Wisconsin Youth Apprenticeship
Wisconsin's Youth Apprenticeship program is a part of a statewide School-to-Work initiative. It is designed for high school students who want hands on learning in an occupational area at a worksite along with classroom instruction.
This one or two year elective program combines academic and technical instruction with mentored on-the-job learning.
Information for ...
- The Department of Workforce Development (DWD) is accepting applications for
Youth Apprenticeship Local Grants for the 2013-14 school year.
The application materials for the July 1, 2013 - June 30, 2014 grant period are now available for download.
- Associated with the above RFP, the public may join either of two scheduled bidders conferences.
The dates are:
- Tuesday, April 16, 10:30 to 11:30 a.m.
- Wednesday, April 17, 3:15 to 4:15 p.m.
Both Bidders Conferences will be audio only. The location of origin will be in the GEF-1 building, Rm. F-205, 201 E. Washington Ave., Madison.
To participate in the audio conference, call toll-free 1-877-820-7831, and when prompted, enter this Participant Passcode number: 110757#
- Questions and answers concerning the new Youth Apprenticeship policy that permits school districts to affiliate with more than one consortium. These were developed following a January 10 conference call on the policy topic. This document can be updated with additional questions and answers as they arise.
- The Office of Disability Employment Policy (ODEP) Releases
Schedule A Hiring Fact Sheet for Youth
The Schedule A hiring authority is one tool that can greatly benefit youth and young adults with disabilities who are seeking a job with the federal government.
- New video available: Using the YA Curriculum