COVID-19 Resources for DVR Service Providers
Expand All | Collapse All
U.S. Department of Labor (DOL)
U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA)
U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC)
Society of Human Resources Management (SHRM)
Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation (WEDC)
University of Wisconsin System Institute for Business & Entrepreneurship
Wisconsin Public Service Commission
American Psychological Association (APA)
Association of People Supporting Employment First (APSE)
Collaborative to Advance Health Services
- This online learning portal offers courses to improve health and healthcare services. Each course offers a free Certificate of Completion, with continuing education credits available for most courses as $5 per credit hour.
- While focused on addictions, the free CEUs4Counselors site offers CRC credits and many courses about counseling techniques.
- Example Course Topic: Counseling Approaches & Substance Use Disorders
Employer Assistance and Resource Network on Disability Inclusion (EARN)
George Washington University Center for Rehabilitation Counseling Research and Education
Job Accommodation Network (JAN)
National Clearinghouse of Rehabilitation Training Materials (NCRTM)
National Rehabilitation Information Center (NARIC)
- Resources to Stay Active and Engaged
- Includes learning tools that offer continuing education credits that can be applied toward certifications, memberships, and professional licensing.
Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
Office of Disability Employment Policy (ODEP)
Older Individuals who are Blind Technical Assistance Center (OIB-TAC)
- OIB-TAC Continuing Education
- Includes courses that provide continuing education credits from the National Research and Training Center on Blindness and Low Vision, Helen Keller National Center for Deafblind Youths and Adults, and Hadley Institute for the Blind and Visually Impaired.
Program Evaluation and Quality Assurance (PEQA)
- PEQA Webinars
- Offers free webinars on topics designed to improve program evaluation and quality assurance throughout vocational rehabilitation agencies.
U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) Employment and Training Administration
VR Development Group
- VR Development Group Webinars
- Provides free webinars addressing Personal and Professional Resilience, Triumphant Telecommuting, and Ethics and Distance Counseling.
Virginia Commonwealth University Rehabilitation Research & Training Center (VCU-RRTC)
Vocational Rehabilitation Technical Assistance Center for Targeted Communities (Project E3)
- Project E3 Webcast Series
- Offers upcoming and archived webcasts on topics designed to improve employment outcomes of persons with disabilities from traditionally marginalized communities.
Workforce Innovation Technical Assistance Center (WINTAC)
- Recorded Trainings
- Pre-recorded training sessions are provided through a Training Management System. A WINTAC user account is required to access all trainings. Instructions to set up an account can be found on the page.
- Topic areas include intro to WIOA performance, internal controls, order of selection and promising practices, apprenticeship strategies, career pathways, and more.
Center for Change in Transition Services (CCTS)
- T-Folio: Free online transition portfolio tool for high school-age youth with disabilities.
- Provides facilitators with lesson plans and tips to help youth build self-determination and job-readiness skills through a series of interactive exercises. Curriculum aligns with Individual Education Program (IEP) transition planning, DVR Pre-ETS categories, and the CCTS Transition Services Flowchart.
Employment Resources, Inc. (ERI)
- Explore Work
- Developed by WINTAC as a resource when delivering Pre-ETS for students remotely. Includes options for students to choose either the VR counselor or provider to receive email notices of student progress from the site.
- Free license for JAWS, ZoomText, Fusion
- All students, faculty, and staff with an active email address are entitled to receive free home annual licenses for their personally owned equipment. In addition, special licenses have been created to assist students and workers who must remain home during the COVID-19 crisis. A free short-term Home Annual license of JAWS, ZoomText, or Fusion (expires June 30, 2020) is available to anyone with a personal email address in the United States and Canada.
Goodwill Community Foundation (GCF) LearnFree
Green Mountain Self-Advocates
University of North Carolina (UNC) Frank Porter Graham Child Development Institute
West Virginia Division of Rehabilitation Services
Wisconsin Board for People with Developmental Disabilities (WI-BPDD)
For information about COVID-19 DVR communications check the Announcements section.