Skip main navigation

Outdated or Unsupported Browser Detected
DWD's website uses the latest technology. This makes our site faster and easier to use across all devices. Unfortunatley, your browser is out of date and is not supported. An update is not required, but it is strongly recommended to improve your browsing experience. To update Internet Explorer to Microsoft Edge visit their website.

How to File a Wage Claim

Complaint Form & Time Frame

Persons filing a claim for wages must do so online or on the paper form within 2 years of the date the wages were scheduled to be paid.

Who has a right to file a wage claim?

Employees have the right to file a wage claim with the division if there is a dispute with the employer in the amount of wages owed, or if an employer fails to pay the wages agreed upon for the time actually worked.

If the employer refuses to pay wages earned

If the employer refuses to pay wages earned on the regular established payday, the employee should request payment. If the employee doesn't receive the payment after 6 days, the employee may file a claim with the division. Once a claim is filed, the division will seek to resolve the matter with the employer.

Types of Wage Claims

The division may take action on the following types of wage claims:

Union Members

Union members who wish to file wage claims will be advised by the department to file their claims with their local union representatives.

For more information